APPLICATION INFORMATION & TIPS
Before you begin the application process, make sure you have the following prepared:
- Artwork Images (5-8 images; JPG, JPEG, or PNG; 72 DPI: 1,500 pixels wide) with the following file name format: "title_of_work.jpg"
- Artwork details including title, year, medium, and size of the work
- Artist Resume (bio; education; previous shows and exhibitions)
- The digital images of the artwork that you submit are very important. Please ensure that your images are high-quality, clear, in-focus and evenly lit so that the jury may properly evaluate your artwork.
- Consider submitting a single body of work that best represents your style.
- Please ensure the artworks you send are representative of what you plan to show at Artist Project
- Applications for 2024 have now closed.
The Artist Project Jury
All applications will be reviewed by a selection committee made up of art professionals and design experts. Every year we invite a new group of jurors so that the fair continues to remain diverse, dynamic and fresh.
The jury selects exhibitors based on the following criteria:
- Quality and skill level
- Vision, originality and uniqueness
- Portfolio presentation
- Overall aesthetic appeal of the artwork
Once the jury made their selections, notifications are sent out with contracts and invoices. You can expect to hear from us in November 2023.
Artist Project only accepts original fine art and does not display functional craft or design objects.
Reproductions including postcards, calendars, posters, and t-shirts are not permitted in the show. Photomechanical reproductions such as offset lithographs, prints run off a commercial printing press, (with the exception of photography / digital media categories) are not permitted.
Booth prices are separate from other items, including, but not limited to, lights, insurance and additional associated fees. For more information please reach out to email@example.com
Though we try and accommodate booth size request, we cannot take location requests. Booth numbers will be assigned to artists in early 2024.
Every year we consider the following while developing the floorplan:
- Place artists in different booth locations every year so that the show continues to look new for visitors
- Mix new artists with re-sign artists so you can expand your artist network
- Avoid placing artists working in similar mediums/styles or subject matters side-by-side or across from one another
Late Application Submissions
If you miss the application date, you are still welcome to apply – your application will be reviewed by the selection committee at a later date. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
If the fair has already been filled at that point in time, then you may be placed on a waitlist and contacted for any booths that become available.